Funded this year with your contributions:
- Improved emergency medical services: cardiac monitor/defibrillators to replace outdated units on support trucks, enabling paramedics to provide consistent all-life support (ALS) from all vehicles.
- New station planning: preliminary analysis for our new headquarters station on Woodside Road.
- Mobilized community training: a new vehicle and trailer complete with AV system that enables WFPD to bring essential training directly to your neighborhood.
- Expanded fire prevention: a second chipper to expand the fuel reduction program.
- Enhanced public education: an expanded smoke alarm program to targeted neighborhoods.
- Added after-the-incident help: a specialized booklet for residents recovering from natural disaster or medical emergency.
- Improved firefighter safety: specialized washers for cleaning our firefighters’ protective clothing.